General Affiliate Marketing Statistics
1. Affiliate marketing is a billion-dollar global industry.
According to Statista, affiliate marketing revenues have grown an average of 10% every year since 2015. Overall, affiliate marketing in the U.S. can reach $8.2 billion this year, compared to $5.4 billion in 2017 and $1.6 billion back in 2010.
2. Affiliate marketing growth to reach $8.2 billion.
According to Statista, affiliate marketing revenues have grown an average of 10% every year since 2015. Overall, affiliate marketing in the US can reach $8.2 billion this year, compared to $5.4 billion in 2017 and $1.6 billion back in 2010.
3. 79% of marketers use affiliate campaigns to engage the existing customer.
About 83% of surveyed marketers use affiliate marketing campaigns to raise brand a awareness, but as it turns out, about 79% of marketers engage in affiliate marketing to improve relationships with existing customers and to improve conversion rates. (Get Cake)
4. 94% of publishers use multiple affiliate marketing networks.
A study by Rakuten Marketing showed that 9 out of 10 publishers use two or more affiliate programs. For publishers to achieve greater success, it’s important to have a presence on as many networks as possible. (Affise)
5. 23% of affiliate programs are in the fashion category.
The leading industry in affiliate marketing is fashion, which accounts for 23% of all affiliate programs, according to data by AM Navigator. It’s followed by the number of programs in sports & outdoors (18%), health and beauty (14%), travel (10.47%), home & garden (8.7%), and computers & electronics (6.65%). By knowing these figures, content creators looking to start affiliate marketing might find it easier to narrow down a niche.
6. 40% of online marketers consider affiliate marketing a crucial skill.
A significant percentage of online marketers consider affiliate marketing to be an essential skill in the industry. Digital strategy, integration planning, and mobile marketing are crucial marketing skills. (Blogging X)
7. More than 80% of brands have launched affiliate marketing programs.
Affiliate marketing requires little to no investment. So it’s easy for many established brands to jump in! At the same time, small businesses have every advantage when they choose to launch affiliate campaigns because it’s a performance-based strategy where in most cases, you only pay for what you get.
8. Affiliate marketing Is the most successful channel for 20% of brand marketers.
According to a Forrester report, about 20% of brands rank affiliate marketing as their most successful channel for customer acquisition and revenue growth. In comparison, 16% of brands named paid/organic search as their most successful channel, and 15% said they have seen the most success in display ads.
9. 56% of affiliate programs registered growth during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
Ecommerce generally saw significant growth when most of the world was locked down because of a global pandemic. Online sales made up 16% of retail sales in 2019 and grew to 19% in 2020. Affiliate marketing revenues also increased during this period, and experts only expect this trend to continue.
10. Toy industry is the fastest-growing affiliate marketing category.
Here’s an interesting statistic: The Toys category grew 109% over the last year, making it the fastest-growing affiliate marketing category. It’s followed by Software (103%) and Home Improvement (86%).
More Affiliate Marketing Facts and Figures
Are you interested to know more about the current state of affiliate marketing? One thing is for sure: affiliate marketing is a lucrative business that many brands rely on to boost sales and scale. Publishers and influencers also make a lot of money working as affiliates, and content creators have great potential to monetize their content through affiliate marketing programs.
Affiliate Marketing Spending and Growth
1. Affiliate marketing spending is expected to grow by 10% in the next few years.
2. Worth $12 billion, the affiliate marketing industry continues to proliferate.
3. Affiliate marketing makes up 15% of all digital media revenue.
4. Well-executed affiliate marketing programs can boost revenue by up to 30%. This increase amounts to 15%-30% of all sales being generated by affiliate programs.
5. With email marketing, affiliate marketing is one of the largest online income sources, accounting for over 16% of all e-commerce orders in the USA and Canada.
6. Over 80% of brands have launched affiliate programs. (Influencer Marketing Hub)
7. America is the leading player in the affiliate industry, with a 39% share. (Software Findr)
8.Nearly 65% of affiliate marketers generate traffic through blogs. (Awin, BlogginX)
9. 94% of publishers are on multiple affiliate marketing networks. (Affise)
10. Advertisers generate between 15% and 30% of total sales from affiliate programs. (BlogginX)
11. Affiliate marketing is responsible for 16% of global ecommerce sales. (Fetch Profits)
12. The U.S. market holds 39% of the global affiliate market share. The U.S. is followed by the U.K. with 15% and Germany with 11%.
13. Spending in the U.S. on affiliate marketing is estimated to reach $8.2 billion this year, up from $5.4 billion in 2017
14. The retail industry had the highest share of global affiliate earnings in 2021.
15. In terms of affiliate marketing programs, the fashion sector also accounts for almost a quarter, with 23.3%
16. The industry is followed by sports and outdoors and health and beauty, with 18.2% and 13.8%, respectively.
Affiliate Marketing and Social Media
1. Interest in affiliate marketing increased by over 300% between 2017 and 2021 globally.
2. 67% of affiliate marketers use social media as a tool to connect with their customers
3. SEO accounts for the largest share of traffic sources to affiliate websites at 69%
4. 74% of digital users say they trust social networks to make purchase decisions
5. 75% of marketers have allocated money aside to influencer marketing
6. 68% of affiliate influencers use social media platforms to promote products
7. 65% of influencers use blogs to promote businesses
8. 0.7% of YouTube videos have at least one affiliate marketing link
9. 40% of Twitter users have purchased something based on a Tweet.
10. LinkedIn has 2,200 affiliate marketing-dedicated groups
11. 336,000 people have Affiliate Marketing as their job title on LinkedIn
12. 100,000 people have Affiliate Manager as their job title on LinkedIn
Average Earnings for an Affiliate Marketer per Country
1. US - $72.5K per year
2. France - €57.6K per year ($61.6K USD)
3. UK - £41.8K per year ($52.5K USD)
4. Canada - $59 USD per year ($47.1K USD)
5. Italy - €36.5K per year ($39K USD)
6. The retail industry generates 43% of total affiliate marketing revenue
Influencers and Affiliate Marketing
1. 59% of companies collaborate with influencers in affiliate marketing campaigns
2. 88% of consumers have been inspired to make a purchase by an influencer
3. 64% of consumers prefer videos when interacting with influencer content
4. 77% of consumers make buying decisions based on reviews
Amazon Affiliate Marketing
1. Amazon Associates holds 43% of the affiliate marketing share
2. 99% of affiliate programs are based on the CPA payment model
3. Some affiliates earn six-figures annually
4. 81.2% of affiliate marketers make more than $20,000 every year
Equip yourself with information to guide you in planning and managing your own affiliate marketing campaigns. Follow PartnerForward on LinkedIn
or this blog to stay up to date on the latest news and information in the affiliate marketing world.